Montrose, Colorado is a great destination for those who love outdoor activities and natural beauty. You know you have chosen a great place to visit when the city slogan is “Stay here. Play Everywhere.” There are tons of reasons to visit Montrose, but here are six of some of the most common:
1. Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park: This national park is one of the main attractions in Montrose. It features a stunning canyon that is 2,700 feet deep and offers spectacular views of the surrounding landscape. In our opinion, it is one of the most underrated National Parks and we definitely think it should be on your must-see list when visiting the western slope!
3. Uncompahgre Plateau: This plateau is located to the west of Montrose and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. You can explore the area by hiking or driving, so you can bring all members of the family along for the ride!
2. Outdoor recreation: Montrose is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. You can enjoy hiking, biking, fishing, and surfing all right near town! Montrose is known for it’s water sports park. where people travel near and far to come river surfing, learn more about it here! If surfing isn’t for you, there are many walking and biking trails to choose from. Many locals like to bike at people enjoy biking in the electric hills trail system, learn more about the trails here!
4. Local Restaurants & Bars: Montrose may be a smaller city, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have good food and drinks! To save you some time in deciding which places to eat or enjoy a drink at I have made a list of some of our favorite spots in town here! One of our personal favorite things to do is visit one of the local wineries. Montrose and the surrounding cities are home to several wineries that offer tastings and tours. You can sample some of the best wines in Colorado and learn about the winemaking process here on the western slope.
5. Historical sites: Montrose has a rich history, and there are several historical sites in the area, including the Ute Indian Museum and the Montrose County Historical Museum. In fact, the Ute Indian Museum is just a mile down the road from our RV Park!
6. Festivals and events: Montrose hosts several festivals and events throughout the year, including the Black Canyon Balloon Festival and the Montrose County Fair. If you’re looking to visit during the summer, there is a very high chance that there will be a festival or event taking place either in Montrose or one of the nearby cities such as Olathe or Ouray! Learn more about local events and festivals here!
Overall, Montrose is a great destination for nature lovers, outdoor enthusiasts, wine lovers, and history buffs. With its stunning natural beauty and diverse range of attractions, it is sure to provide a memorable vacation experience for all members of the family!